Dealing with the pandemic and with winter knocking on the door, the city of Northville got creative and launched Heat in the Street.
On weekends through March, you’ll find portable food-service stands occupied by local restaurants, heated dining ‘pods’ (adult beverages allowed), live music and many of the downtown shops will be open. The two main downtown streets are blocked off for the event and many of the restaurants & bars have their own heated and protected patio areas.View Photos from Opening Weekend
How to Get There: Downtown Northville. Easy access to I-75. (i.e. 28 mins from Royal Oak). For parking options along the streets and in city lots, put in 215 W Main St, Northville in your GPS. That’s pretty much the main area.
Cost: Free admission and parking. Food & beverage available for purchase.
Through March, 2021
- Fridays 4-9 p.m.
- Saturdays 12-9 p.m.
- Sundays 12-6 p.m.
- Can I walk around with my drink? Yes, you can take your open beverage (purchased from approved bar/restaurant) to the next spot. Just like Key West … yes, Michigan, we’ll get there one day!)
- What if I want a sit-down dinner on heated patio: Expect a long wait. Plan on at least an hour to be safe and put your name on the list. Then go get a drink and stand by a warm fire.
- Are the dining pods first-come first-served? Yes, but good news, more pods and stands will be delivered by the end of Dec.
- Can I purchase adult beverages at the portable stands? No, you can only purchase adult beverages at the approved bars/restaurants (but you can take them to go).
- Word of advice … Dress overly warm (you can always shed but you can’t add layers), bring a winter hat, gloves and a blanket.
More info: https://www.downtownnorthville.com